Cracker Barrel's Biscuits
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted
- A bit more Melted Butter, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Mix the Bisquick, buttermilk and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter into the batter.
- Stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out onto a well floured work surface.
- Knead 20 times (this is a very forgiving dough), and don't be afraid to get additional flour into the dough.
- Roll 1/2 thick, or thicker if you prefer towering biscuits.
- Place close together on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes; I usually find 8 minutes is enough.
- When you remove the biscuits from the oven, brush the tops with melted butter again.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Cracker Barrel...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of biscuits is by thebittenword.com (One of our Favorite Food Blogs. Check it out at http://thebittenword.com) and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License.