Cracker Barrel's Chocolate Cherry Cobbler
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 package (6 oz.) Nestle Semisweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounce) Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter.
- Cut with a pastry blender until the crumbs are the size of small peas.
- Over hot (not boiling) water, melt the chocolate morsels. Allow to cool 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Add milk and egg to the chocolate mixture; mix well.
- Blend into flour mixture; mix well.
- Spread pie filling in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole.
- Drop chocolate batter randomly over cherries.
- Sprinkle nuts all over top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Cracker Barrel...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like: